Oasis UpgradeCook Islands Trading Centre
Planning for the upgrade to CITC’s Oasis 24 hour satellite store and service station had been in the pipeline for some time prior to work commencing in July of 2017.
The main contractor for the additions and alterations was Land Holdings with CITC’s maintenance, IT, refrigeration and electrical teams having a major input as well. With the amount of work involved it was a challenge to carry out the changes while still keeping the store open 24 hours a day.
With works nearing completion, credit must be given to all contractors and CITC staff for the manner in which they carried out their jobs with as little disruption as possible to the Oasis operations. The Oasis staff also need to be acknowledged for their tolerance and cooperation throughout. The only time the store needed to be closed down was for when the new flooring was installed and the resurfacing of the forecourt area.
Congratulations and a big meitaki maata to all involved.
The shop frontage has been extended by two metres.
For those unaware of the project, here is a breakdown of the works:
- The storage area has been extended including a new and improved recycling area.
- An ice cream parlour & adjacent courtyard with picnic tables has been constructed.
- Old fencing removed and replaced with new to entire site.
- Alterations to toilet and kitchen area.
- Generator removed and repositioned.
- Two new walk in chillers (using recycled panel) each with 3-door glass displays.
- A new 8.5 x 2.4 metre walk in freezer with 9-door glass display.
- Installation of new air conditioning system and air curtains.
- A new refrigeration & air conditioning control panel with remote Wi-Fi monitoring.
- New LED lighting to inside of store and outside area.
- Removal of, and relocation of all integral chillers and freezers.
- Repainting of forecourt area, canopy and new signage.
- Relocation of ATM machine and install of new food warmer.
- New wine display area.
- Electrical makeover, removing redundant & labelling circuits.
- New ceiling tiles and painting to inside of store.
- Construction of new countertops and registers.
- Complete retiling of store floor area.
- Resurfacing of forecourt area with hot mix.